Continuing our series of interesting, sometimes fascinating, sometimes rather unusual, facts about Aberdeen and North-East Scotland.
- Although the UK’s oil industry is centred on Aberdeen we’re also quite green. The world’s first floating offshore wind-farm is just off the coast of North-East Scotland and started to deliver energy at the end of last year.
- We have written about some of them in a previous blog but if you are into castles then you will be spoilt for choice in Aberdeen. We have over 300 in the North-East – more than anywhere else in the British Isles per acre.
- If you have children and wonder what there will be to entertain them in Aberdeen then fear not. There is lots to do, including the largest permanent funfair in Scotland.
- Also, if you have kids and are worried about their safety (not to mention your own) then let us reassure you it is indeed a safe place. It’s also a very friendly place and cccording to recent research by Provident Personal Credit, 70% of people in Aberdeen say they have a strong sense of community and 76% say they are friendly with their neighbours.
- Aberdeen is a very arty city. Not only do we have , we also have lots of street art, much to the surprise of this writer from the Independent newspaper!
Julie Skinner, Resourcing & Benefit Specialist