Continuing our series of interesting, sometimes fascinating, sometimes rather unusual, facts about Aberdeen and North-East Scotland.
- As Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce and others will tell you, RGU is the best Scottish university for graduate prospects, with a 96.7% employability rate. If that doesn’t give you confidence in coming to work here then we don’t know what will!
- If you like flowers then you’ll love Aberdeen. The city has won “Britain in Bloom” a record 10 times and, as we’ve written about before we have some amazing parks dotted around the city.
- Oats, as shown here, are very popular around North-East Scotland. In fact, our farmers grow enough oats every year to make, wait for it, over 700 million bowls of porridge.
- If you are worried about the Scottish weather then be reassured. Aberdeen is warmer on average than the rest of Scotland and, believe it or not, has less rain than Miami!
- We are quite a bright lot up here. Some 30% of the city’s workforce is educated to degree level, which is the sixth highest in the UK.
Julie Skinner, Resourcing & Benefit Specialist