From time to time, we are going to use our blog page to highlight significant job opportunities at RGU. This one definitely comes into that category!
You can find a little information here to whet your appetite, but for the full job specification and details of how to apply please click on the link at the end of this article.
Setting the scene…
Since the mid 1990s, RGU has been working towards a key goal: locating all staff and students on one campus – at the riverside setting of Garthdee – by 2020. The final phases of the multi-million pound investment are now being planned as we edge ever closer to realising our ambition of completing one of the best riverside learning environments in Europe. Augmented by modern facilities, it represents a unique learning environment that inspires staff and students alike.
The Director of Student Life will provide operational leadership and management to drive forward the delivery of an outstanding student experience, ensuring students have access to high quality services which achieve the university’s strategic ambitions, particularly but not solely relating to student satisfaction, retention and employability. You will work closely with both academic colleagues and other student facing services to ensure that RGU remains a leader in graduate employability and that the RGU student experience ranks as one of the best in class.
The key elements of the job are as follows:
- To advise on strategy and ensure an appropriate policy framework relating to student facing services and the student experience.
- To ensure the delivery of services which are student/customer focused, intelligence and data informed and optimise the use of technology to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in support of a diverse student body both on and off campus.
- To be a key contact for RGU:Union and the sabbatical team, ensuring a strong and effective partnership with the university.
The most critical priorities over the next two to three years will be to:
- Ensure a strong focus on efficiency, effectiveness and performance of the service with appropriate use of data and technology to ensure a culture of continuous improvement and best-in-class performance.
- Play a lead role in further developing the university’s employability strategy and provide operational leadership and management to ensure that the university’s national position in graduate employability rankings is maintained and that the international orientation of the careers and employability service is increased.
- Provide operational leadership and management to ensure that the RGU student experience ranks as on of the best in class, benchmarking best practice both nationally and internationally.
- Provide operational leadership and management to ensure that the newly formed student wellbeing service effectively manages the increasing number of critical mental health student issues and incidents as well as services to disabled students and general student healthcare advice.
- Ensure critical student incidents impacting one or more students are handled effectively with case conferences and learning reviews to support continuous improvement.
Salary will be in the range £64,896 – £89,231
If you’d like to know more, these links will give you the information you need to help you learn about Student Life at RGU and also to apply for the job.