You might be surprised to learn that RGU employs around 700 support/non-teaching staff, with a significant proportion working in an administration support role. And, as any of our teaching and research staff will tell you, the university simply could not function without first-class admin teams. They are, without doubt, central to everything we do.
Not just another admin job
The range and depth of subjects covered by each of RGU’s 11 Schools means that no one admin job is the same here. Add in the support departments (marketing, communications, library, facilities, IT, finance and HR – amongst others) and there is an enormous variety of choice and opportunity. Whether you’re supporting the student journey or have more specific interests in a specialist area, we are confident you’ll find something you’ll want to explore further.
What’s the application process like?
In a word – easy! As we often have several admin vacancies with similar requirements at the same time, you only have to apply once to be considered for any of them. What’s more, we’ve simplified the process, so that you just need to submit your CV, together with a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the post. If successful, you will be invited to a first (telephone) assessment, week commencing 7th February. If you pass that stage, you will then be asked to take part in a video interview (these will be spread over two weeks, commencing 14th and 21st February).
What are we looking for?
Whilst we will be assessing your skills and experience during this process, we will also be exploring what’s important to you, to ensure you have the opportunity to select a role that appeals to you and a working pattern that best suits your circumstances. We have permanent, fixed term, part-time and full-time roles, so there should be something there for almost everyone.
Can you see yourself working for RGU?
Obviously, you’ll do your own research if you are interested in working with us, but here are a few pointers to get you started:
- Our values are embedded in every aspect of the organisation, clearly defining what is acceptable and what is expected.
- We’re a progressive university and provide a clear framework to help develop staff internally.
- Whilst the majority of our admin staff are still working from home, we look forward to welcoming staff back to our beautiful university setting, when guidance permits. Our modern, light-filled buildings offer the perfect environment from which to enjoy your surroundings and the stunning campus parkland by the banks of the River Dee.
- We are the top, modern university in Scotland (Complete University Guide 2022), which reflects our commitment to providing a high quality, demand-led curriculum which is responsive to the needs of industry.
- We’re committed to supporting the Scottish Government’s ambition to achieve net zero emissions by 2045.
Don’t just take our word for it – hear from our administration staff
Check out these 60 second interviews, in which a number of people from different areas of the university tell us about their lives and work…