Name: Mairead Orrell
Job Title: Occupational Therapy Lecturer
What does your job at RGU involve?
- deliver lectures, seminars and tutorials on campus and online
- design, prepare and develop courses, modules and teaching materials
- develop and implement new methods of teaching to reflect changes in research
- assess students’ coursework
- set, mark and moderate examinations and assessments
- supervise students’ research activities, including final year undergraduate projects, Masters research etc
- support students through a pastoral or advisory role
What attracted you to come to work at RGU?
Opportunity to work with a variety of lecturers and life long learners in a state of the art facility with a strong reputation for my area of practice.
If you weren’t doing this job, what, in an ideal world, would you like to do for a living?
A blimp pilot !
What’s your favourite place in Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire?
Grey hope Bay watching the dolphins ( The cruffins are amazing)
Best holiday you’ve had and why?
Bali for the beaches, water sports and hill treks.
Favourite TV show?
Motherland and This way up- too close to call! Netflix
Scary pockets or ACDC, or blazing fiddles, again too close to call !
If you’re going to a restaurant and could only have one thing to eat (one course), what would it be?
If you were in charge of the university for one day, what’s the first thing you would do?
Barista coffee machine in the office! Costa is going to costa me a fortune 😊 – but it is delicious